Why join the Cambridge Iyengar Institute (CIYI)
- Keeps you in touch with all the Iyengar Yoga classes, teachers and events taking place in the Cambridge area
- Special offers on Iyengar Yoga books and videos
- Discounts on national Iyengar Yoga events
- You will receive automatic membership to Iyengar Yoga (UK), IY (UK) - this means will receive copies of the Iyengar Yoga News twice a year, keeping you you up to date with Iyengar Yoga news nationally and you will also receive a significant reduction to all IY (UK) events
- You will be contributing to the Iyengar Yoga community, both locally and nationally.
What is Iyengar Yoga (UK)
Iyengar Yoga (UK) was formed in 2003 out of the two previously existing Iyengar Yoga organisations (Light on Yoga Association and BKS Iyengar Yoga Teachers Association) and is a national Association for all Iyengar Yoga practitioners. It provides information about Iyengar Yoga Events in the United Kingdom. Many groups of members have formed 'institutes' or 'local groups', which themselves spread information and hold events on a local scale; others remain as individual members. All members receive a twice yearly glossy magazine. The main annual event is a national convention.
Our subscription rate of £10 per year also covers membership of Iyengar Yoga (UK). (The individual member rate for joining IY (UK) directly is currently £20, so CIYI membership represents excellent value for money).
Please visit the IYUK website to subscribe or renew yourmembership.
As many of you will know by now, Bellur is a small village in a remote rural area 60 kms from Bangalore in Karnataka, Southern India where the people lead very poor simple lives but is now famous as the birthplace of BKS Iyengar (Guruji).
We have been asked that anyone who wishes to donate funds to the Bellur Trust does so through IY (UK). This simplifies administration in India as all donations are then transferred directly into the bank account of the Trust in one go.